Friday, October 12, 2012

A spare for everything

You know what I'm like: when I'm going away  even for 2 days, I take spares of everything, just in case. But, wouldn't you know it, the one thing I needed yesterday I didn't have.

In Devon the morning's rain had stopped and the sun was even trying to make an appearance so we took the grandchildren and dogs for a walk. We were halfway down a Devon lane when splish splosh, pitter patter. Only it was more like thrash, thash, bash, bash.

Grandchildren were all right: they were fully covered in the pushchair. The dogs were all right - although happy to get home. Only Husband and I were wet down to our knickers. No, I had spares of those; it was an extra bra I hadn't thought to bring. 

Next time.

3 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

So Husband enjoyed himself then? ;-)

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Sounds like fun :-) ...

I came to Scotland, Wednesday, arrived that night, Leaving Saturday morning, and I have 3 bras with me .. one on and two I might need :-)

Leslie: said...

I took 3 bras to England with me this summer! Just in case...lol But that'll teach ya!