Thursday, September 27, 2012

Don't call us ...

What do you do about persistent cold callers?

Every day of the last week, about 3 times a day, we've had a phone call from British consumer Services. Asking them to stop calling doesn't work; yelling/swearing at them doesn't help; putting the phone down doesn't stop them. Daughter even asked if I thought they might be deliberately trying to wind Husband up as he was getting more and more irate with them.

 It must be costing them money with no return so I'm not sure what they hope to achieve.

We're on the Don't Call Us Register (or whatever it's called) and while it works it's fine but the process you have to go through to make a complaint is so complicated that it's not worth the effort. And I suspect that might only be for British callers anyway so any suggestions? What do you do? How can you make it not worth their while?

3 comments:

nick said...

I wish I knew. We get persistent cold callers and persistent silent calls and complaints to the relevant bodies have no effect. Particularly when you don't have the caller's number because they suppress it.

Furtheron said...

The problem is that they say if you really press that sometime, somewhere you agreed to some T&C that you never read that says you give them permission to call you about their products and services. We have same issue - my only solution is to politely say not interested... and if they carry on then hang up. I've said not interested that is it. The other great one is my son answering...

This truthfully was what I heard of a conversation recently. BTW we are both Mr G Hunt

"Who do you want?" "Which one?" "Which one?" "Could be me what is it about?" "No you want my Dad then" "No he isn't here" "No unlikely I've locked him in cupboard, he's having another bad day"... "Oh they've hung up"

Liz Hinds said...

It's most annoying when you rush or stop something you're doing to answer it, nick.

Could I borrow Son-of-F, please?