Sunday, July 01, 2012

Trashy

I was touting my wares after church this morning (yes, I know Jesus rid the temple of traders ...) and one lady read the back of my book and said, 'I'll have a copy, please. I like trash to read when I'm on holiday.'


I don't think she realised what she'd said and while I acknowledge that it may be trash it's not usually the done thing to tell the author! It's a good job I'm not easily offended. If I were I would spend most of my life in a state of Offence.


Husband and I were discussing an elderly lady with dementia and I said, 'I hope I don't lose the plot.'
Husband snorted with laughter. 'You don't even know what the plot is.'


And long may that continue.



3 comments:

Katney said...

Oh, dear!! She probably defines trash as "light reading", as it is not War and Peace or its ilk. And who would want a steady diet of War and Peace (though I do have Pride and Prejudice on my Kindle in case I run out ... well, in case...)
Maybe she reads War and Peace when she is not on holiday.

I am still waiting to find out what happens the next year.

Furtheron said...

Plot? There is a plot?

Liz Hinds said...

She is a teacher, katney, and I know what she means. It was just funny.

So they tell me, furtheron.