Tuesday, July 10, 2012

things come in threes

Dropped my keys in a bucket of dirty water, walked into a rake and got hit in the face ... what's going to happen next?


Last week I found a jacket and some tops for April in a bag of clothes at Zac's. She was delighted and said, 'Better to be born lucky than rich.'


Lucky? April: abandoned as a baby, abused in the care home, beaten up by men, had three children die. Lucky? That's April. She's always - nearly always unless someone has really really annoyed her - smiling and cheerful, upbeat - when her place in rehab was given to another she said, 'They must be in a worse state so they need it more' - and positive about the future.


Some of us could learn a lot from her.

7 comments:

Gledwood said...

I wish I could have a good attitude all the time. I do sometimes, but I'm just too much of a moody bastard to ever keep it going...

Leslie: said...

God has blessed her in His own special way and watches over her now.

James Higham said...

O/T Liz but your font is coming out very small - seems to have changed and I'm having trouble reading it now.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

How did you manage to get hit in the face? April must be a wonderful person.

Gledwood said...

Yeah I was going to say something about life's most bastardly aspects coming in 3s but maybe you just forgot the 1st one of the 3 and didn't notice it ... I trust you made it through Friday 13th unscathed..??!?

Liz Hinds said...

Me too, gledwood.

He does, leslie.

I don't know what i can do about that, James, as I haven't changed anything.

Stood on the prongs of the rake and it flipped up, whack, welshcakes!

I didn't even notice it was Friday 13th, gledwood!

Siobhan said...

Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

Thanks and have a great day!