Tuesday, May 29, 2012

getting ready to say goodbye

It's Baz's funeral this afternoon.


I just dropped off some cake at Zac's and already the street is littered with bikes and bikers, some of whom have travelled from Australia, Germany, Finland, Ireland and even England to be here. Baz was a much loved and well-respected man.




The coffin is in Zac's and his children have left a half-drunk glass of beer and a cigarette on it. I love that touch.


My excitement today will be riding pillion on Gareth's bike in the funeral cortege! I've been invited as an honorary 'biker' for the day and I even have a batman helmet. There will be no stopping me now ...

8 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh Liz - prepare yourself for the tears - I have taken part in these rideouts before for our lost bikers and it is mindblowing!
Will be thinking of you ((((HUGS))))

Furtheron said...

An honour indeed for you to join the cortege.

Great cake...

My coffin will ride to my final resting place with one of my guitars on it - it is a very special one that was bought for me with a lot of love... These things define who we are and how we'll be remembered.

Peter Banks said...

Love and prayers...

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

What an honour you have been given. Will be thinking of you. take care xx

CherryPie said...

It sounds like a fine tribute to him.

Stock tips said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stu said...

Photo of you in your helmet please!

nick said...

What a lovely cake. It looks like an uncanny likeness.