Wednesday, March 07, 2012

My life in song and pictures

Today's choice is a song I'd never heard before today and I've chosen it just because of the title: This Time Next Year. Having said that it's a pretty good song!


My novel, although not finally named until a few weeks ago, has been a part of my life for nearly 10 years. That's a huge amount of time to invest in something so excuse me if I'm a little over-excited and boring.


Writing it was the comparatively easy part; trying to get it published was the impossibly difficult and depressing bit. I've sent it to more agents than you'd think there'd be work for. I've come close, I've changed the style, I've bent over backwards to do everything that the how-to books and articles recommend, but no-one felt strongly enough about it to take it on.


I've been up, I've been down, I've been, 'That's it, it's going in the drawer for ever!' Then a few weeks ago Elder Son sent me an article he'd read about self-publishing an eBook and the rest is history. Although it's not; the rest is to come.


The promotion, the marketing, what will undoubtedly be the continuing ups and downs as people do or don't buy my book, as reviews rate it the best thing since Bridget Jones, or the worst since the last worst book they read, all lie ahead of me. 
But for today, I'm a happy bunny.

No comments: