Friday, August 26, 2011

A heart attack or possibly indigestion

I thought I was having a heart attack in work this morning.

I had a terrible pain in my side, I couldn't sit upright and I couldn't breathe deeply either. I was talking to Younger Son on MSN at the time so I warned him that should I go silent he should send help.

It passed. Obviously or I wouldn't be sitting here now. I told Husband about it. He said it wasn't a heart attack; it was a collapsed lung. He said he knew because he often had it.

So that's all right then.

Of course it might have been connected with the chips I ate last night.

Take a chip-deprived woman to a restaurant that serves the best chips in Swansea - and probably the world - place a bowl of chips for four on the table in front of her and watch her stroke the dish. Before eating more chips than the combined efforts of the other three.

Oooh, they were good. As were my fish soup, garlic bread and sea bass cooked in rock salt.

Younger Son and Fiancée came home Wednesday night hence our visit to La Brasserie for a celebratory engagement meal. It was lovely but my tummy must have shrunk. Time was when I wouldn't have left the table while there was a chip remaining in the dish.

Earlier I'd been to Sainsburys and there were samples of Mexicana (hot) cheese on offer. Being a little peckish I picked up two chunks and popped them in my mouth. Did I mention they were hot? I did the rest of my shopping with my mouth open to allow it to cool down.

Now I think of it, it was probably the cheese that gave me a heart attack/collapsed lung not the chips at all.

9 comments:

nick said...

As if there aren't enough possible illnesses to worry about, now you tell me I might suffer from a collapsed lung. But hopefully with my erratic memory I'll have forgotten all about it in a few minutes.

jams o donnell said...

I hope you are feeling better Liz

Leslie: said...

Oh gosh, Liz! That sounds like gall bladder! Every female in my family has had their gall bladder removed. Was it in the upper right quadrant? If so, check with your doctor. It's terribly painful when the stone is trying to pass but then the pain immediately will go away when the stone goes. Sounds like you ate some stuff that might have irritated it. I know the feeling on not being able to breathe because it just makes it worse. Hope you're going to be okay.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Rack your brains . Did you inadvertently ingest a cherry tomato , sprig of parsley or , Heaven forbid , bit of lettuce that day ?
Greenery in any form will cause health problems and should be avoided by the sensitive . Luckily the remedy is simple . A couple of days of complete avoidance will have you feeling right as rain again .

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

P.S. I'd go anywhere , at a moment's notice , for a bowl of fish soup ! Even Ikea had it on their menu this week . Specially for me ?

mrsnesbitt said...

Reminds me of the time I thought I was having a heart attack! Turns out the sharp chest pains was due to the wire in my bra pushing through the material! lol!

CherryPie said...

I think it must be the combination of food. That happened to me once, so I know how bad the pain was...

Rose said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing better, Liz, and that it wasn't a heart attack. I've also had to remind Hubby when I wasn't feeling well to check on me every once in awhile--I think I could lay there for hours while he napped and watched TV before he realized I wasn't breathing anymore:)

Seriously, it could be gall bladder problems. My daughter-in-law thought she was having a heart attack only to find out it was a gall bladder attack instead.

Liz Hinds said...

You should worry, nick; I'm still convinced my brain is leaking.

It only lasted minutes, jams. I just like to make a fuss! But thank you.

If it happens regularly I'll check it out, leslie, thanks.

Oh sonata, thank you for warning me! All these years no-one has told me that.

And it was jolly good fish soup.

mrs n, we've all done that!

Or the huge pile of chips, cherrypie.

If I went quiet he'd just think I was blogging, rose!

Thanks all for your good wishes.