Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A fruity post

Our first plum! It doesn't look like a traditional Victoria plum - too purple - but the other two on the tree look right. It's not quite ripe but there was a gang of waspy hornets hanging around and, in fact, they'd already taken a little nibble, so I wasn't taking any chances. I shall report back on flavour when ripe and ready.And for Zac's tonight I took advantage of our large crop of raspberries to make raspberry and chocolate muffins with a mix of white and milk chocolate. I would have made chocolatey muffins if I hadn't discovered until too late that I didn't have any cocoa.
I'm like GrandDaughter when picking soft fruit: one for the bowl, two for me, one for the bowl - whoops, it fell into my mouth by mistake ...

4 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Very tasty Liz!

James Higham said...

Plums and chocolate.

Leslie: said...

When I was about 10 years old until I was old enough to work in a store, I picked raspberries for the neighbours - made a lot of $$$ in those days doing that! And like you, it was one for the basket and one for me...before the berry war began! lol

Liz Hinds said...

they are, jams.

Yummy, james.

Today it was one for the bowl, one for me and one for george who was 'helping' me, leslie!