Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dressed by Daughter

I couldn't find anything in the shops I liked so I borrowed a dress from Daughter to wear to the wedding. That's an unexpected benefit of losing weight.

And after writing yesterday that my Lenten resolve was going well I forgot to write in my novel! So I've just written a bit (Sunday morning, about 9.30) that will count as yesterday's. I'm allowed to do that as it's my game so I can make my own rules. I'll write today's piece later on.

My Lenten resolve is a lot easier than that of some of the girls I was talking to yesterday at the wedding. One had given up tea AND coffee - and all caffeine drinks - and two had banned themselves from eating chocolate, cake, biscuits and crisps. Now that's just plain silly!

7 comments:

CherryPie said...

you look fabulous :-)

Caffeinated Fashion Student said...

i love ur daughters fashion sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracey said...

What a pretty dress on a gorgeous lady xx

Leslie: said...

What a perfect dress for a Spring wedding. You look mahvahlus, dahlink! :D

Rose said...

It looks beautiful on you, Liz!

I'm excited that I finally found a dress to wear to my daughter's wedding, which is less than 4 weeks away. Clothing designers should take note that women "of a certain age" still want to wear something stylish that isn't black or taupe. You're the perfect "poster girl" for us, Liz!

Liz Hinds said...

thank you all!

How exciting, Rose! My daughter had to take me shopping to find something for me to wear to her wedding!

Katney said...

You look lovely!