Sunday, October 10, 2010

My name is Liz and I'm a ...

I didn't intend to get addicted but I suppose that's what they all say. It all began innocently enough with one weed. One little weed ...

I pulled it up from between the paving stones in our courtyard. A bit of moss came up with it. So I tugged at another bit and more moss came up. Soon I couldn't stop myself. I was pulling more and more.

My cup of tea went cold and I didn't care, not while there was moss to strip.

Husband said, 'Use a scraper; it'll be quicker,' but where's the fun in that?

I imagine it's the sort of task they would have given to lunatics in asylums in the old days - repetitive and mind-numbing. But, oh, the satisfaction when a really long strip comes up in one go. Just like wallpaper stripping, it gives you a warm fuzzy sense of achievement.

And to think it all started with one little weed.

No comments: