Monday, August 09, 2010

Zumba!

I had my first proper Zumba class tonight. It was fun with great music and involved lots of screaming, which I'm not good at. But it didn't make me very breathless, possibly because I couldn't follow the steps fast enough. And now the teacher's going on holiday for 2 weeks ...

I normally go circuit training on a Monday evening but it's not on during August, hence the zumba replacement. But let me tell you: it cost £4 each and there were 49 women there (no, sorry, there were 48 women and 1 lad).

Even allowing for hall hire it was a nice little earner, as Arthur Daley would have said.

Next time I go I must remember not to wear my usual exercise clothes. Lots of the women there looked like J-Lo; I bore a closer resemblance to Eric Morecambe.

1 comment:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Much rather try a Zumba class than circuit training...I am sure you looked fine :-)

Cannot find one here .. but going away soon , so will look when I get back .