Sunday, August 01, 2010

Honking

I went down to see my uncle who's been poorly and I was just walking back to the car when I got honked at by a gang of lads in a passing car. It was from the back: they must have had a nasty shock when they drove past and saw my front. ''Urgh, no, we've honked at at a geriatric!'

Still it put an extra swing in my step!

It rounded off a good day. I've been working, catching up on website article writing. I earned £100 today and that's a jolly feeling. Especially as I'm now up to date and I can relax and prepare for the special visitors who are arriving later this week.

Katney, from Katney's Kaboodle, is coming all the way from the north-western coast of America just to see George. (I don't know; she might have had some other reason for coming to the UK but George played an important part.)

9 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Great that you are doing Website article writing .. think it is excellent. :-)

Leslie: said...

Were you wearing your mini skirt and those sexy stockings? LOL I just love it when younger men give a woman with long blonde hair the once over (from the back) and then she turns around and she's an old wrinkly crow! lol

Leslie: said...

OOPS....I didn't mean that YOU are!

mrsnesbitt said...

Please give my love to Katney - we were trying to meet up but what with one thing and another it just didn't happen! Dxxx

jams o donnell said...

I was thinking the same as Leslie// That miniskirt would get you honked at all day!

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, anne.

Ha ha, leslie!

I will do, denise.

It was probably the red stilettos that did it though, jams!

Furtheron said...

why don't I get honked at... why am I even thinking that :-)

Rose said...

If young men only knew how a little honking could lift the spirits of women "of a certain age"; that would put a swing in my step, too!

Congratulations on the website article assignment; one of these days they will be asking for your novel, too, Liz.

What fun to have Katney arrive for a visit! And I thought I was the only one who thought about flying abroad just to see George:) If and when I make it to the UK, George is on my list, right after Westminister Abbey and Stonehenge!

Katney said...

And well worth the visit Rose. Liz and husband are a delight as well.