Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm backing the beard

Apparently there's a thing called Backing the beard, which I'm told entails not shaving until England get knocked out of the world cup. I'm not entirely sure what good this does but I fear my chin has decided to join in with the action. Let's hope England get knocked out early.

(No, I don't mean that; I am trying very hard to support England. But it's difficult. It was quite disturbing when I visited our local co-op yesterday to find England flags draping the walls. I mean, we're not in England.)

7 comments:

Gledwood said...

?!

Ole Phat Stu said...

Go ABE!
(Anyone But England ;-)

Puss-in-Boots said...

Ri-i-ght...

Furtheron said...

Right that explains a conversation I didn't get at all yes - presumably that was something to do with this.

Devonshire Dumpling said...

Should I stop using my ladyshave on my cheeks?

Liz Hinds said...

I can't keep up with the rate of growth on my chinny chin chin, gleds!

Now that's not the spirit (really), stu!

You think I shouldn't, puss?

I had to ask someone what it meant, furtheron.

Definitely, DD!

Leslie: said...

Well, I didn't have a good start to the excitement yesterday when I was rooting for Australia, but all in all, I must root for England, since that's my heritage. And I am NOT backing the beard! lol