Sunday, January 03, 2010

I am so fortunate

I have such lovely and noble bloggy friends! So many of you offered to eat my Maltesers for me; I was deeply touched at your concern and your willingness to risk the weight-attack just to help me out. (Although, now I come to think of it, Maltesers used to be advertised - before there were rules about truthfulness - as the chocolate with the less fattening centre.)

There were so many of you to choose from that it became too difficult to decide the most worthy recipient - so I ate them myself. But thank you all.

* * * * * * * * * *

Much as it grieves me to admit it I fear Husband may have been right about the kitchen floor tiles: a darker colour might have been better. Not black slate as he suggested - much too dark - but something that hid a bit of the dirt. We are just not a pale-floor family. Nor am I a conscientious cleaner.

You'll be able to judge for yourselves soon. When the final piece of granite has been fitted I'll post photos. I know, I know you can't wait! After all the trials and tribulations of kitchen-fitting was it worth it? Absolutely. Just wait and see ...

6 comments:

Lia said...

I think in the interest of fairness you did the right thing by eating them all yourself. Well done you lol.
Much love
Lia
xx

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I think you did the right thing, too! Happy New Year to you and George. xx

Leslie: said...

I can hardly wait to see the final product - the kitchen, I mean. (I'd have eaten all the Malteasers, too) When I had all my main floor carpet ripped up 3 years ago, I had the entire house done in laminate hardwood. Including the kitchen, because we have an open-concept house and it would have chopped up the whole look. But it doesn't make the floor look any cleaner - all the floaty stuff migrates to under the counters and any spills that dry can be seen in the light. *SIGH* So it doesn't really matter what colour the floor is - you STILL have to clean it. *sigh* *sigh*

Liz said...

Thank you, lia and welshcakes!

You're right there, leslie.

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes