Thursday, November 19, 2009

Rites of passage

I'm in the middle of emptying the kitchen but I've run out of boxes. Why on earth do people ever move 'just for fun'? I'm worn out already.

The kitchen bits arrive tomorrow and the fitter moves in on Monday.

Daughter's baby is due tomorrow.

It still doesn't seem real. I can't really imagine it happening: a new kitchen after all these years. No, I'm joking. Well, I'm not; the kitchen has been a long time coming. But really I meant I can't believe that any day now - or almost certainly in the next two weeks - there'll be a new baby in the family. Daughter, my child, will have a child of her own. Another rite of passage.

I must start taking my phone with me when I go out. ('Which is what you were supposed to do from the day it was given you!' Husband points out.)

7 comments:

Dragonstar said...

It's a wonderful time. Just you wait until you hold that baby for the first time - nothing like it.

Then there's the first time you get a perfect, personal smile. And all the other delights.

jams o donnell said...

Somehow I think the kitchen will take second fiddle to a little bundle of joy!



#

James Higham said...

How's George?

CherryPie said...

Exciting times :-)

Puss-in-Boots said...

So you're going to become a grandmother...how exciting! And a new kitchen...all things come to those who wait. See, you've proven it.

And yes, I'd love to come and see you...I've now factored Wales into the itinerary. Now for money...

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh Liz, what an exciting time for you. Keep that phone handy...and ON. A new sweet baby...what fun you have in store sweetie. Kiss some toes for me.

Enjoy your new kitchen...

Jay said...

My, you have your hands full, don't you?

Good luck with the kitchen! And with your daughter's baby. Such an exciting time for you all!