Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mission accomplished

Elder Son and Daughter-in-law are successfully installed in their new - first - house. It's a lovely little mid-19th century cottage in a pleasant location with lots of green fields nearby. At the end of their road is a shop that deals in and restores violins, violas, cellos and bows; two streets away is a garage selling Maseratis and Ferraris - and they leave them out on the forecourt! Swansea it isn't.

And speaking of cars, we saw a car with the number-plate LIE XX. Now, would you trust a man - it must be a man - who chose that number-plate?

I asked Husband what sort of car it was and, even as I was asking, I noticed the DB9 writing on the boot. 'If it's a DB, it must be an Aston Martin,' I thought. Husband concurred. I must be watching way too much Top Gear. (Although it's hard not to as it's on every hour of every day.)

6 comments:

nick said...

I'm terrible with makes of car, I couldn't care less. I usually describe a car I've seen by its colour, its size (a gas-guzzler) or its occupancy (only one person, typical).

Ole Phat Stu said...

So, did you get a chance to visit the USA as I suggested?

Liz said...

A car drove into my car once when i was going ito the car park at work (many years ago) and didn't stop. When I told the men in work they asked what car it was and I said, 'A blue one.'

No, stu, we were a bit busy! Maybe next time. there are lots of interesting places to visit.

Leslie: said...

I've seen "Top Gear" - it's on BBC Canada...great fun.

CherryPie said...

Great news about the successful move :-)

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes