Wednesday, September 16, 2009

This could make my fortune

I've been in the hairdressers' this morning. To while away the time, when not reading - or attempting to read without putting on my glasses - celebrity magazines, I designed a chair.

It's a reclining chair without a head-rest but with some sort of padded metal support for the head that allows the hair to be washed, dried, cut, coloured and highlighted while the client sleeps. It's on wheels obviously to allow progress to and from the sink, oh, and it has a foot-rest built in. Initially I saw it as a hospital trolley bed but the more lavish the salon, the classier the chair would be. It could even have its own thermostatically-controlled heating.

Thinking about it, the cutting may have to be done while the client is awake and sitting upright otherwise she might end up with a skewed cut. But as cutting is done early on in the procedure that's not a problem.

So that every bit of hair can be washed thoroughly the head supports will adjust themselves, working in rotation so that one lot of supports takes over from another. That would have the added benefit of massaging the head and aiding relaxation.

I think this could be a real winner; what do you think?

7 comments:

Leslie: said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your idea, but could you please add a warm gentle back massage to it? I love my hairdresser, but those chairs are SO uncomfortable!

Liz Hinds said...

Good thinking, leslie. Added!

Ole Phat Stu said...

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/fail-owned-comb-over-fail.jpg

Mauigirl said...

Love the idea too - and Leslie thought of the same thing I did!

CherryPie said...

I think I would like it without the falling asleep bit. I love having my hair done :-)

nick said...

Of course it would also need a monitor to wake you up if the hairdresser is doing something totally contrary to what you asked. It would then swear and curse, demand a refund and vow never to use that appalling salon again.

Rose said...

All this while I am sleeping! I definitely think you have a winner here, Liz. Reminds me of younger Daughter who always thought she'd be an inventor. She recently came up with what she thought was a great idea--a lift toilet, like the lift recliners older people use. She discussed different features with her Dad and me, then checked on the internet--someone has already invented one!