Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Redcoat's return

There was a visitor in Zac's last night, a man who was very different in appearance from another time. Mark has been in rehab in Edinburgh for the last 16 months and now he's clean, he's been given some basic accommodation in a church where he does some work and he's about to start at bible college. He shared a little with us last night about how things have come about and how he hit the very bottom before he was ready to surrender. He admitted honestly that each day is still a struggle but that his life has been turned around.

Back in November 2006 I wrote about Mark here on my blog only then I called him Redcoat. He taught me a very valuable lesson about judging people by appearance - a lesson I need continually to be reminded of.


3 comments:

Sarcastic Stu said...

"...- a lesson I need continually to be reminded of."

Lesson 1 : Never end a sentence with a preposition ?

Liz Hinds said...

I thought about that when I was riting it, stu, but decided it would be too cumbersome so chose to break the rule. But it grated on me ...

Furtheron said...

that is a warming story