Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Trusted remedy, my ...!

I managed to get through winter without a serious cold - at least I don't remember having one - then come the hottest day of the year and my throat starts to tickle.

I usually gargle with salt but there was none in the bathroom so I gave Husband's favourite, TCP, a try. That was mistake number 1. I managed two mouthfuls and then spat out the third one before I was sick. I fumbled in the cupboard for a bottle of mouthwash to take away the taste: I knew there was one there as I'd bought it after the dentist had recommended it on my last visit but have never used it. I sploshed it around my mouth. Mistake number 2. Surely I'd picked up a bottle of cleaning fluid by mistake. Yeuurrk! How do people use that stuff?

I had to eat a mint.

5 comments:

Leslie: said...

Oh goodness! I sure hope you're not getting what I'm just getting over...it was HORRID and turned into bronchitis. I still have that nasty tickle that makes me hack hack hack. Gotta get some cough syrup before we leave for the Okanagan.

CherryPie said...

After all those noxious substances I think you will have killed it!

Puss-in-Boots said...

I hate summer colds. For some reason I always feel so much worse when the weather's hot.

I had one just before Christmas a couple of years ago and it turned into bronchitis...not nice at all.

Hope you get rid of your cold quickly without any untoward nasty effects.

Furtheron said...

TCP you can't beat it!!!

Company promotion over - actually we sold that product to someone else... shame I used to get it cheap in the company shop.

However working next to the plant that makes it does mean some days the whole place smells of TCP which after a while is a bit yuk frankly

Devonshire Dumpling said...

lemon and honey in a mug of hot water. If its a cold then eat a very hot curry too - you'll clear your throat and cold overnight.

(meanwhile I am cooking an Indian curry for tonight and have lemons, honey and whisky in the cupboard) so come on down! You are invited for an authentic Indian meal and bring your dog as I am also cooking marrow bones and Raki says she'll share.