Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Otterly possible

Because of my cold - I'm much better, thank you, as you've probably guessed from the lack of grumbling - and general busyness, I haven't been out with George for over a week! Today we put that right and headed for the river. It was bliss.Before we set off Husband was telling me about a man he met at the lake yesterday. He said there'd been reports of otter sightings and he was looking for paw prints. 'So keep an eye out,' Husband said.
I decided we probably had more hope of seeing a paw print than an otter, so, undeterred by the fact that I didn't know what otter paw prints looked like, George and I set off on an otter hunt. And look what we found!

And here's an otter print from Google.Well, if it's not an otter it's ... something else.

4 comments:

Suburbia said...

Gosh that looks such a beautiful place.

Your wildlife knowledge is amazing Liz ......."Well, if it's not an otter it's ... something else." !!!

Carver said...

That looks like a wonderful place to walk.

Liz Hinds said...

I impress myself sometimes, suburbia!

It is, carver.

Furtheron said...

so what is it?

I've looked up mink and badger and it's neither of them I think