Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Honestly, I am wasted

Because we went to Hay on Monday we weren't going to do anything today to celebrate our anniversary but, as the day wore on, I began thinking that 31 years was worth doing something for. So I planned a surprise picnic on the cliffs. I put my diet on hold for the day and bought yummy bread and cheese, made scones and took clotted cream and jam, as well as melon, cherries and beer. Husband grumbled that I was making him walk too far. Then he said, 'Are you sure this is parma ham? It looks like gone-off bacon.'
Husband is not given to spontaneous romantic gestures. Next year I'll book us into a restaurant.
P.S. George and I enjoyed ourselves.

15 comments:

nick said...

Tch tch husband, if your dear wife goes to the trouble of arranging something a bit special, you might at least be a little more enthusiastic....

Liz Hinds said...

Quite, nick!

CherryPie said...

I think next year celebrate your anniversary with girl friends and just give him a card and let him chill out at home ;-)

Anonymous said...

Do you have three legs?

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hay...I read a great historical novel years ago called "Lady of Hay" and loved it.

Your picnic sounds lovely but some men don't have a romantic bone in their bodies, do they? Maybe it's time to trade hubby in for a new one...

jmb said...

Happy anniversary Liz. Are you sure it was warm enough to take off your shoes and sox? Looks chilly to me.

I'm all for a restaurant at the drop of a hat.

Leslie: said...

Happy Anniversary. I'm sure Husband enjoyed himself but just didn't want to admit it.

NitWit1 said...

Men are funny.....but this is a woman from Venus speaking.

Ruthie said...

Sometimes diets must be put on hold. It was a worthy cause.

Anonymous said...

Anniversaries are sometimes fun spent apart each celebrating on their own :P Depends on how we view it :)

Suburbia said...

Sounds yummy, and what a romantic view :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Liz....:-)
Just think,a week or two ago I could have joined you. :-/
The picnic sounds delicious..yum yum.

Rose said...

No restaurant has a view like that! Glad you and George enjoyed it; my hubby would have grumbled that he was missing the Cubs' game on television.

Berni said...

Romantic gestures would be lost on my husband and he is not one to do them anyway but in his way I know he cares.

Mauigirl said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm with Leslie, he probably did enjoy it but didn't want to admit it! They can be old sticks in the mud sometimes but we love them anyway.