Friday, April 10, 2009

Because it's Easter

I've fallen into the holiday shopping trap! I bought hot cross buns, Danish pastries and chocolate biscuits 'because it's Easter'.

Undaunted by the disappointment of the 5-minute chocolate cake, I'm trying another quick recipe, but this is one of Jamie's. If you're in the UK you may have seen him on television advertising Sainsburys hot cross buns, slicing them , spreading them with marmalade and covering them with instant custard to make an Easter bread and butter pudding. Well, on Tuesday Sean was forcing jars of nearly-out-of-date marmalade on everyone (he'd been given trayloads) so I'm having a go at the pudding.

Unfortunately I've already dropped the custard (Taste the Difference real vanilla custard) carton on the floor and lost one third of it. In fact it's still on the floor even though the mishap happened about 20 minutes ago. George is out walking but I know he'll love to eat it when he gets in so that's the reason for my tardiness in clearing up. Honest. Nothing to do with my desire to blog.

I'll let you know how it goes.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope George enjoys his treat from the mishap! (I would).

I wish I had some of those pastries! If it ever stops storming here, maybe I can get out to the bakery before Sunday.

Easter blessings to you and yours, in case I don't get back again before the Holy Day.

Leslie: said...

Oh, you make me laugh! Why NOT leave it for George as he'll probably clean up the floor even better than you could with a mop and soap! lol

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh a definate favour for George!

CherryPie said...

Sounds tasty - the recipe that is, not the custard on the floor...

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Ah, custard!