Sunday, March 29, 2009

Not just a woman thing

One day in work Husband felt like some chocolate.

There is a chocolate vending machine on one of the floors so he went through his pockets looking for change. He found none but by now his mouth was in chocolate-shape so he went down to the car where he knew there was some change in the little drawer in the dashboard.

When he got there he couldn't open the drawer. It's been sticking for a while so he kept twiddling with it, thinking it was bound to open eventually. It didn't.

Now the call of the chocolate bars was growing ever louder. Being all manly, and giving nay a thought to the consequences, he brutally forced the drawer open. Almost able to taste the chocolate on his tongue now, he grabbed money and flipped the drawer shut. It popped open again. He pushed it closed; it opened. 'Sod it,' he said, and that, dear reader, is why we have a permanently-open drawer in the car.

But Husband got his chocolate.

8 comments:

Katney said...

Oh, shoot. that Hershey bar is still int he back of the fridge. I think it needs to be taken care of NOW before it dries up.

Puss-in-Boots said...

How nice to know men succumb to that particular demon, too.

Leslie: said...

Now there's a man to warm any woman's heart. My "man" picked up a bar for himself today, but failed to get one for ME...so I just picked out my choice and threw it in with the rest of the groceries. Ah well, I shouldn't complain because he often brings me home one or two of those chocolate Easter egg thingies.

Rose said...

I would have done the same thing! A man who understands the basic need for chocolate is a special man indeed.

nick said...

I wouldn't be reckless enough to wrench open the drawer, but on the other hand I would still want my chocolate. I'd probably cadge some money off someone else.

Liz Hinds said...

Definitely, katney.

It is reassuring, puss.

You've got a good man there, leslie. He just needs reminding now and again that he's not a one, he's part of a two!


WE have that in common, rose!

Husband works with people he doesn't know well, nick, so wouldn't have cadged.

Furtheron said...

It's normally coffee that prompts that kind of reaction in me :-)

jams o donnell said...

Hmm a sensible solution to a pressing need!