Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Women Centre Stage but not me

Last year I took part in a Women Centre Stage event where I read a monologue. If you were reading my blog last year you may remember that my toilet humour was very tame compared to the singer praising her girlfriend in very Old English terms and the poet enraptured by Sheela-na-gigs (carvings on old churches of the exposed genitalia of women).

Well, when the new Dylan Thomas brochure arrived last week, I noticed that there was another Women Centre Stage happening this year. (Obviously someone had forgotten to tell me about it ...) I quickly emailed the organisers asking if they wanted me to perform again (it had obviously slipped their minds how good I was ...)

Yesterday I had a reply. 'Thank you so much, dear, but our draft programme is full. May I put you on the reserve list?'

I'm tempted to tell them what to do with their reserve list. But I won't. I'll say, pathetically gratefully, yes, please, and thank you.

4 comments:

Gledwood said...

Did you see Panorama on bad language last week? I missed nearly all of it...

I don't know if you've noticed but I've got a "no swearing" policy on my blog... (no swearing from me: anyone else can say what they please in my comments...

... I did this because I do tend to get a bit het up about things sometimes and feared that if I didn't hold myself in check I might find myself effing and blinding the entire time!!

... anyway the weirdest thing has happened because of this: I have (almost) stopped swearing in real life, too! Now that is odd: blog influences reality... know what I mean?

PS:
"I like this
Either we are in the universe to inhabit the lovely eternity of our souls and grow real, or else we might as well dedicate our days to shopping and kill time watching talk shows. John O'Donohue, Eternal Echoes: Celtic Reflections on Our Yearning to Belong"


I like that too ;->...

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, tell them what to do with it, Liz! You'll feel better.

Anonymous said...

"Oh, tell them what to do with it, Liz!"

In the words of a backwards Dylan Thomas "Llamedos!"

Liz Hinds said...

Hi Gleds, good to hear from you.


Do you think I should, WElshcakes?

Good suggestion, stu.