Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The thing I always forget about snow ...

is that it's flipping cold. Especially when it's blowing off the sea, horizontally into your face.

I was so excited this morning when I opened the curtains and saw the snowy fleece covering the ground. George and I went straight down to the beach. (I was supposed to be going to the hairdressers but he rang and I said I wouldn't go so he could go home and play in the snow! Actually it was so I could play in the snow.) Another thing about snow is that when it's snowy outside I want to eat lots. And not do any work. But as I'm working from home I don't really have an excuse. Husband had to drive to Reading this morning. I kept telling him he shouldn't go but he pooh-poohed it. Just like Elder Son yesterday who travelled from London to Newcastle - to find no-one else had bothered.

7 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It looks flipping cold, too! Hope son's and husband's journeys are not too bad. How is George reacting?

jams o donnell said...

It looks beautiful but for me snow is something to be enjoyed through a window!

Furtheron said...

And there is a lot of it - we spent an hour digging a passable route from our house to the end of the road so we could start being part of the world again. Biggest problem started to be where to put the piles and piles of the stuff we shifted

Carver said...

Beautiful snow shots on the beach. I am the same way about working from home and not having an excuse when the weather is bad.

CherryPie said...

Cold or not, I still love snow. We didn't have nearly enough!

sally in norfolk said...

we didnt get much here in kings lynn.... which i was pleased about as i have to drive to work :-(

Liz Hinds said...

George was uncertain, welshcakes. He alternated between having fun and then sticking close.

I can only cope with a little bit, jams.

Now that sounds like serious snow, furtheron! Most of ours has gone today.

I found an excuse though, carver - I had to make a film of George in the snow ...

I like it if I don't have to drive anywhere - and I've got food, cherrypie!

Driving in snow, or worse ice, is so scary, sally.