Thursday, February 26, 2009

A little round belly

There was a slight problem feeding George this morning.

Last night he got into the pantry and ate all the food left in the dog food bag. Probably 3 meals at least.

Luckily for him I had a tin of little puppy food in the pantry given to us in one of those 'Puppy Bags' from the vet, provided by manufacturers trying to persuade you to use their products. George approached it tentatively - he's used to dry food - but when he realised he could eat it, he thought his birthday had come.

(Yes, I know if he ate 3 meals last night he shouldn't have needed feeding this morning but try telling him that.)

Now he is full of beans and dog food and is currently digging to Australia via the front garden. Each time I yell at him, he stops straightaway, and sits up, wearing his most innocent face. 'Who, me, mum? No, I'm not doing anything.'
xx

6 comments:

James Higham said...

Does he know the concept of 'no', Liz?

Gledwood said...

That George is a naughty swine! Always doing things like that if not escaping. Or running along the beach with a furry smile on his face HaHa!
PS Did you see my three furries on Youtube? I posted them chez moi Gledwood Vol 2 yesterday, can't remember if I told you

Gledwood said...

dur! of course I told you

and that is an exceptionally uncomfortable-lookingly short toenail posted up yesterday...

Liz Hinds said...

Of course he does, james. He just prefers not to listen to it.

He is, gledwood! Your robies have such sweet faces!

Mauigirl said...

Diva would also eat a whole bag of dog food if she got access to it. She's done it in the past. When this happens I have to keep an eye on her as I'm afraid she'll develop bloat! (We've had a couple of trips to the emergency vet clinic when I thought she had it. Luckily it was just indigestion!).

Anonymous said...

Bad George!! You'll need to watch that one!

Liz - as someone with a penchant for greyhounds, I would worry about bloat too. Luckily I've always been able to leave stuff out and they haven't bothered it. It will come as a shock if our next dog is a food thief, huh?