Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Was it a coincidence?

Yesterday, doing the Monochrome Monday rounds, I visited the blog of Petrus. I commented and then glimpsed the word verifier. 'Oh!' I had to look again. This time I carefully read the squeezed-together letters. Phew, I'd misread the first letter. It was actually 'orsehole'. Chuckling to myself I typed it and clicked 'Publish comment'. And that's when the trouble started.

Petrus's blog page kept opening, one after the other. Faster than I could close them. At one point I had 22 copies of Petrus's blog open on my screen. Unable to keep up, I clicked to close Internet Explorer. That closed but Petrus's blog just kept on opening.

In the end I had to restart my computer.

I'm sure it was probably a glitch and not at all associated with the word verifier but I couldn't help wondering ...

Anyone else have any similar problems yesterday?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scary - and I don't mean the verifier.

Anonymous said...

*snigger*

Dragonstar said...

;) ;) I did absolutely no blogging yesterday, so I had no problems either. I hope it's gone away now!

Katney said...

Nothing like that, but there were some problems with my comment box and I had to adjust my settings. I think that Blogger was haunted--maybe a bit of leftover from Halloween.

Leslie: said...

Not yesterday, but it has happened to me before a few times with a couple of blogs. And I ended up having to shut the computer down, too. I wonder if it's the ads on some people's pages that cause the glitch.

Rose said...

The word verifier makes me laugh quite often. But I did it to myself on my last post when I was trying to edit and then download a picture I had saved of a tree--without thinking, I'd labelled it "bare ash."

Liz Hinds said...

It was, aileni. I'm nervous about going back to Petrus's site now.

I knew I could rely on you, amanda!

I hope so too, dragonstar.

I didn't think of that, katney. Haunting sounds like a reasonable explanation to me.

It's never happened to me before, leslie.

Tee hee, rose!