Sunday, November 09, 2008

Silent movies

For the Sunday morning services I put together a little movie of the highlights of the week's notices. Coming events, birthdays, volunteers needed etc, and, being me, I can't resist adding a little humour to the proceedings. (Not wishing to boast but I will, and say that my movie has become the highlight of the service for many people ...) And all accompanied by a jolly little tune of one sort or another.

Anyway as it is Remembrance Sunday today I started the notices off with two minutes silence. I mentioned this to the man who was leading the service so he'd be aware. So he starts the meeting, welcomes everyone and says we're going to have Liz's movie notices now. Up they come and he carries on talking for a moment, over them, before sitting down. A few seconds later he's up on his feet again and gesticulating to the pa bods, 'There's no sound.'

I have my head in my hands, doing a Victor Meldrew, 'I don't believe it!' Honestly, I am wasted.

I bet Spielberg doesn't have these problems.

Talking of Spielberg, Husband has completed his first film, Canada, the Movie (Part I). It's 35 minutes of lakes, mountains and me doing silly things.
'Couldn't you film anyone else doing silly things?' I asked.
'Why would I when you're just so good at it.'

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so when do we see the movie then? ;0)

Suburbia said...

At least Husband approves of you!!

What a shame about your best laid plans this morning. I hate it when you tell people stuff and they don't listen/ remember (of course I never forget anything;) !!)

jmb said...

What Amanda said! Is it on YouTube yet?

Dragonstar said...

LOL!

Liz Hinds said...

The trouble I'm having with blogger, videos and youtube, it won't be there for a long time, amanda and jmb!

It's one of those, 'ahh, bless her, she can't help it' sort of approvals though, suburbia!

Indeed, dragonstar.