Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I've come over all queer

I have been so dynamic this morning! I need tea.

I've finished my play excerpt (more in a minute), emailed asking how to submit it, emailed a photographer suggesting a book collaboration, emailed a publisher to ask about submitting another ghosted autobiography - and prepared it for submission - and it's not even 12 noon yet. (Well, it is but that's dramatic licence.)

Remember before I went on holiday I said I was going to use the time on the plane to write a play? No? Well, I did say it and I did do it. Although I cheated a little.

A few years ago I wrote a monologue that is very well-received whenever I read it aloud. I sent it to BBC Radio but they said, 'Nobody likes monologues,' (unless the author is Alun Bennett), so, on the plane, I decided I'd re-write my monologue as a play. And that's what I've done. At least I've written the first half, which is all that is required to be submitted to the Play-Offs.

The Play-Offs happen once a month and give local writers the chance to see a 10-minute excerpt of their play performed by amateur actors. The winning plays go through to the final and then - get forgotten about usually!

So, are you impressed with my industriousness? I am. Very. Oh, and I didn't include the compiling of a list of topics for another website I'm probably going to be writing. My word. I need a lie-down.

7 comments:

Hippy Mama said...

I'm impressed :0)

I've hoovered ;0)

Dragonstar said...

I'm well impressed! I put the washing machine on - does that count? Of course, that's something I do most days.
I hope all goes very well for you Liz, you deserve it.

Suburbia said...

That is incredably impressive!!
I've been busy (honestly!) but I have nothing much to show for it!

CherryPie said...

Sounds impressive :-)

jmb said...

Very busy day you have had today so I am impressed by your industriousness!

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes

Anonymous said...

http://www.cafb29b24.org/docs/buyativan/#56391 ativan side effects infants - ativan vs. xanax differences