Sunday, July 27, 2008

On our walk tonight

To get to the sea-front we have to walk down the road, past the playing fields, across the main road and the municipal golf course. On the other side of the playing fields is Singleton Hospital. If you have to be in hospital, you couldn't ask for a better view! All the wards are on the front, as you see them, looking out over the bay. George really doesn't like this walking on a lead bit but he was pretty good tonight. Except he gets bored and drags behind.

Here you can just see Mumbles lighthouse through a strange sort of mouth organ contraption.

Last night we walked the other way, towards Swansea, and as we strolled along we heard music coming from the beach (the beach is separated from the promenade by bushes). I said, 'That sounds like a gospel choir, don't you think, George?'

When we got closer we snook through the bushes and took a peek. George was very surprised. He said, 'Well, I could have sworn the singer was a black woman.'

'Me too, George,' I said. But it was just an average white band.

The university also fronts onto the bay.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scotland is beautiful isn't it?

CherryPie said...

Sounds like a fun walk :-)

Dragonstar said...

Lovely walk. I like the way you've framed Mumbles lighthouse in that weird collar-like thing.

CalumCarr said...

Like the photo of the panpipey thing. What is it meant to represent?

MissKris said...

We have several friends who are in Wales right now for a church-related event! I'm not sure where exactly, but I wish I was one of them!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

The views from your walk are beautiful :)

Enjoy the week ahead!!

Puss-in-Boots said...

I think if one was in hospital with a view like you say, it would be quite conducive to a quick recuperation...wouldn't you think? Most hospital look out over buildings and traffic.

George is obviously very musical...nice in a dog.

James Higham said...

So the trick is to get sick quick and then the panorama begins.

mrsnesbitt said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm! Wilma is letting me know she is getting ready for her walk....in the cold, thick fog!

Anonymous said...

I was working in Singleton Hosp before it was even an Out Patient unit and I thought I would like it when we all moved down.
I did not. It looked like a tombstone and felt like being on an aircraft carrier.
Happily I went to work in Llanelli Chest Clinic - a single handed post.