Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lookity!

We found a giant's pencil in the river! I wonder if we'll find a giant's rubber next.
* * * * * * * * *
One morning while on holiday I resolved that if I couldn't say something sensible, I would say nothing. So I didn't speak all day.
Next morning Daughter said, 'Are you all right? You were very quiet yesterday.'
I explained my resolution and she burst out laughing. 'We don't expect you to be sensible! That's not what you're about.'
That's all right then. I just wouldn't want to feel that I was failing to live up to expectations. So I shall continue with my inanity. And you can blame Daughter.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Inanity is good. It's the so called 'normal' people that worry me!!

Love the giant's pencil - though don't think I'd be too keen to see his rubber!!!

Gary

Dragonstar said...

I'm happy to blame daughters or sons for anything. After all, if I'm mad they probably made me so!

Tim Atkinson said...

Good!

Anonymous said...

Giant's rubber!! erm that got me sniggering ;0)

see I can't say anything sensible either :0)

Suburbia said...

That pencil picture's weird! And don't you mean 'eraser'?!!

How could you have kept quiet for so long!! That's just madness!!

Furtheron said...

Fe fi fo fum....

Where the heck do you live?

I often say the most odd things but that is me - every now and then there is that look between members of the family and I'll say... "Oh did I say that out loud?" "Yes Dad - sit down and I'll get the medication"