Thursday, July 24, 2008

How much expression can there be in a dog's face?

Usually when we walk George we take him where he can run free - the tip, river or woods, or in winter, the beach - but for the next 10 days he has to be walked on a lead.

Today we had out first walk on a lead: we both hated it.

George is better than Harvey was walking on a lead but he still doesn't understand why he has to. And I thought it was clouding over so would be cooler but it wasn't. So we are two grumpy grumbles.

And if I thought George had already perfected the 'how could you do this to me' look, I was wrong. He's added a whole new element to it. I might as well prepare myself for 10 days' worth of guilt.

Hey ho.

In for a swim now.
xx

9 comments:

Dragonstar said...

Poor George! And poor Liz, too! It's going to be a long ten days.

Rose said...

Keep telling yourself, "It was for the best.."
My late dog Roco was very good on a leash, except when he really wanted to run or his toilet needs were very urgent. The neighbors used to laugh at me then, because it sure looked like he was taking ME for a walk, not the other way around.

Oh, and I checked out the Urban Dictionary. Of course, my name means a "woman's name associated with beauty." LOL

CherryPie said...

The week will soon be over, just think of how much fun you both will have then :-)

Barbara said...

I am catching up with visiting blogs.
After all the forced walking on a lead George will probably be walking perfectly after 10 days!
Well done with your new blogging award and 100 visits a day - I am not surprised as your blog is always interesting to visit.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hey, he's doing the emotional blackmail thing...just keep walkin'.

Poor old George, he'll be right and as someone said, he'll be a model walker on the lead when this is all over.

Susan said...

I hope George is feeling more like himself soon!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thinking of you both here in sicily xx

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Liz, I've passed on your message to Gledwood...must be a glitch there somewhere.

Thank you so much for the award...but I can't find it!

Eve said...

He will probably come around. Solo hid under the bed in the hotel room for two days and the third day he jsut agreed to go witout a fight. I don't know why.