Friday, July 04, 2008

Holiday preparations

Husband collected my card for me today, however he didn't get Maltesers. He said, 'I'm not buying Maltesers on demand. I prefer the spontaneous gesture.'
'Yes, but you don't do that either.'

We went out looking for packa-macs this afternoon. First we tried to go to Millets but it wasn't there. So then we went to Wyevale where I tried on a pretty Joules mac-in-a-bag but it cost £29 and looked as if it would tear at the touch of a bramble. (And as I am prone to walking through brambles ...) So I haven't decided what to take yet: a woolly fleece (but no hood), my parka (thick and with furry hood), or a black plastic bag (Husband's suggestion).

P.S. He did buy me some Maltesers later when we went to Sainsburys.

5 comments:

Suburbia said...

That's ok then, you can ware the Maltesers!

jmb said...

I think that these plastic macs are unavailable because no one wants to be seen dead in them. No one could live in a more wet place than me but I just rely on the fifteen umbrellas I own.
I think your site is definitely faster, whatever you have done has worked for the better.

CherryPie said...

Agree with jmb you need nice thin waterproof from a walking shop.

PS: I have loads of brollies too ;-)

Elsie said...

What in the world is a packa-mac?

Anonymous said...

You need to look online for plastic macs - I would suggest www.montcler.com, www.pvcrainwear.com and www.regenmantel.de - Everything is on the net if you know where to look....