Wednesday, July 02, 2008

ABC Wednesday - X

I was struggling to think of something to use for X when Younger Son suggested 'X marks the spot.' In fact he said he'd dress up as a pirate and pretend to be about to dig but as I was taking the photo this morning, and I would have had to wait for him to get up ... So I dragged George down to the beach first thing. I say dragged because he was in my bad books as he'd already done a runner once this morning. I wanted to do a great big X but:
a) I was on a No Dogs Allowed bit of beach so I had to keep a look-out for men with big guns;
and b) more relevantly, George kept eating my shells.


Then when we were walking back this snail was meandering across the path.

To join in with ABC Wednesday, visit mrs nesbitts place.
xx

17 comments:

Dragonstar said...

Very decorative X Liz. I like the way you've arranged the shells - x-eptionally hard when George helps!

Is that snail writing messages in Morse code?

Kyanite said...

X-cellent choice, that middle shell actualy looks like a skull!

Reader Wil said...

Lovely X! And the snail can be saved for Sunday's Critters!

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised Geaorge isn't buried beneath the X - which is for 'X'tremely Naughty.

Lindsay said...

X-traordinarily good!

mrsnesbitt said...

Wayhayyyyyyyyy We've just returned from an hour on the beach and what do you know Wilma is asleep! She is behind my chair here in the kitchen nodding off!
Hurray! Peace and Quiet!

Loved the shells...very artistic!

esnorway said...

nice x good pics

Juliana said...

great x post

Mine in here at My Imaginary site. Thanks

Anonymous said...

great choice for x theme

Visit me in here Thanks

AphotoAday said...

Well, congratulations on organizing your X -- and that snail photo is really interesting too.   Hope you are having a great X day...

Rose said...

Love the snail photo! I think the best photos come when we aren't expecting them. George eats shells, too??

Michele said...

Oh this is a great choice for the X. That snail is fantastic... it's cute.

As to my photo, you asked what was on the shelves in my X-mas photo...
I have my special little Ty Beanie Bears that I collect in display boxes. =)
Mountain Retreat Photos

CherryPie said...

I really love that shot of the snail :-)

Barbara said...

Very clever, X has been interesting seeing what people have posted.

Unknown said...

Very creative X and great choice for the letter too.

Anonymous said...

We were on the same track this week. I love your shell X!

VP said...

Very inventive Liz :)

Hope you're having a wonderful Holiday!