Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thought for the Day

James has been doing a daily Thought for the Day. Yesterday he quoted George Orwell:

At 50, everyone has the face he [or she] deserves.

I'd like to amend that slightly.

At 50, everyone has the table he [or she] deserves.
I have a solid wooden table. I like nothing better than to have my children (birth and by marriage) gathered around it, eating food I have cooked.

P.S. I just polished it so I think those marks in the middle must be on the camera.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gathering round a table, sharing food together and chatting. There is nothing better.

And I am really impressed that it is not only solid wood, but also very adeptly polished.

H
xx

Leslie: said...

A lovely table, well suited to large gatherings for food, fun, and frivolity. Speaking of which, it look big enough to ... um ... well, read my mind. LOL ;D

CherryPie said...

I just love my dining room table too :-)

JayBee said...

I would change it a bit more.

"If I had known at 50 what was to come I wouldn't have reached 51."

Just joking ..... I think