Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thought for the Day

James has been doing a daily Thought for the Day. Yesterday he quoted George Orwell:

At 50, everyone has the face he [or she] deserves.

I'd like to amend that slightly.

At 50, everyone has the table he [or she] deserves.
I have a solid wooden table. I like nothing better than to have my children (birth and by marriage) gathered around it, eating food I have cooked.

P.S. I just polished it so I think those marks in the middle must be on the camera.

5 comments:

Hullaballoo said...

Gathering round a table, sharing food together and chatting. There is nothing better.

And I am really impressed that it is not only solid wood, but also very adeptly polished.

H
xx

leslie said...

A lovely table, well suited to large gatherings for food, fun, and frivolity. Speaking of which, it look big enough to ... um ... well, read my mind. LOL ;D

CherryPie said...

I just love my dining room table too :-)

CalumCarr said...

I would change it a bit more.

"If I had known at 50 what was to come I wouldn't have reached 51."

Just joking ..... I think

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes