Thursday, May 01, 2008

The slippery slope

I gave George his lunch and then came and sat at the computer. After a little while George came in, licking his lips and chewing. Now, he doesn't usually do that: he has dry food that isn't really of the lip-licking variety. But I knew there wasn't any food out in the kitchen so I didn't worry.

It wasn't until I went into the hall and found the remaining piece of a bar of soap that I realised what he had been munching on. This could have interesting consequences.

P.S. I might as well rename this George's Blog.

7 comments:

MissKris said...

Oooooooh...and I'm thinking the naughty boy probably had a bad case of the poops today, haha! What WON'T that George eat?!? A while back I'd roasted a boneless turkey breast in the oven that comes all tied together with a stretchy-string net to keep it from falling apart when its raw. Chloe dog found the net in the garbage and consumed about half of it, even tho I didn't realize all that much had gone down her gullet. The next day she was pooping out huge gobs of this string...it's a wonder it didn't kill her!!! But she managed to pass it all out. Now I make sure the cabinet door to the garbage is always closed...we don't need close calls like that again. I told her her gluttony is going to be the end of her one of these days. Good grief!

Gattina said...

Hahaha ! at least George will be VERY clean inside !!

Suburbia said...

Yuck! Naughty George.
I did meet a toodler that did that once though!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, poor George! Hope he's OK!

Leslie: said...

*singing* George is forever blowing bubbles!

My dogs always like to chew on the soap...I wonder what it is they like???

Liz Hinds said...

It doesn't seem to have affected him at all, kris. I think he has an iron stomach.

gattina, all sparkly and shiny I'm sure!

children, puppies, they're all inquisitive, suburbia.

welshcakes, he's fine!

leslie, i did wonder if bublles might start appearing from any orifice!

CherryPie said...

I felt sure that would have made him sick!