Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A new me

I've spent most of the hottest day of the year sitting in the hairdressers, simultaneously trying to stay awake and dissolving into a puddle. Still, I'm gorgeous now!

Especially as I have a new bra too! Yes, I plucked up my courage to visit Madame Foner (my only slightly dramatised account of bra-buying is to be found here); it was a less than usually hands-on affair, and I ended up buying a bathing costume as well ...

And I happened to notice that the lady in the next cubicle was being handed bras size 46G, so that made my 34F seem dainty. Okay, perhaps voluptuous is a better description. Eat your heart out, Jordan. Mine are all natural.

Of course, then, when I'm sitting in the hairdressers I read Vogue and discover that the best thing to do, fashion-wise, when you have large breasts is to 'minimise them'. Apparently M&S sell a very good minimiser bra. And M&S can keep it.
xx

6 comments:

leslie said...

Bravo! If you got 'em, flaunt 'em, as we like to say here! I never knew they had cup sizes larger than DD...until I had to go get fitted! UGH! ;(

MissKris said...

I missed the Oprah show when she featured how to find the perfect bra. I hate shopping for bras and I'm to the point now I'm almost desperate as I've lost a lot of weight since my surgery. I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go get it done. Either that or go bra-less and, at this stage in life, that would NOT be a pretty sight, hahahaha! ;-P

Rose said...

Thanks for the link to your older post about going bra shopping, Liz. Hilarious! I've been trying to muster up the courage to go to a specialty store to get properly fitted, but I'm not so sure now! I spent most of my life wishing I were well-endowed, but finally I am being rewarded: the less you have, the less there is to sag!

Read the previous post about poor George; do hope he is ok. Perhaps he needs boxing lessons?

Oh and thanks for your comments on my post last week--no you didn't visit a couple times. I get confused too--did I already read this? Did I already leave a comment?

DeeJay said...

Oh dear Liz - too much detail
I won't be able to concentrate on work all day now lol

Suburbia said...

Ha, I bought a new bra on Monday (well 3 acctually because I HATE going so I try not to doit very often) and I am the same size as you! They do get in the way don't they!! Now I understand your cartoon post!

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes