Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Joy asked if George is a good listener.

He is a very good hearer. Listening depends on his mood - and what the alternatives are.

* * * * * * * * *

Yesterday I tried wearing the shredded bra. It was no good: not only was I falling out of one cup, a wire was also escaping and stabbing me. I shall have to pluck up my courage for a visit to Madame Fifi.

I've written before - here - about the pleasures and pitfalls of bra buying. I just have to keep reminding myself that it will be worth it.

* * * * * * * * * *

Watched the final two episodes on DVD of Season 2 of Grey's Anatomy last night. We have people dying after heart transplants, teenagers dying of cancer, and the most upsetting bit is having a dog put to sleep.

I'm going to have to look out for Season 3 ...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you buy something sexy and lacy... everybody deserves pretty underthings.. !

Suburbia said...

Hi Liz, The buying bra thing is such a time waster isn't it. You take half a ton of bras into the changing room and they are all labled with the same size that you have been told you are, but nothing ever fits exactly in the right places!
Good luck.

Ellee Seymour said...

It's worth having a professional measurement. Take heart. Be positive.

mdmhvonpa said...

My hounds listen, obey, but do not think. Poor guys ... love them muchly.

Leslie: said...

I always get "fitted" with a good bra now that I've *ahem* become um "healthier." Apparently, boobs come in all different sizes and shapes, and each one (literally) is different. Mind you, it is RAH-THER expensive, but worth it in the long run.

I'm a loyal "Grey's Anatomy" fan and don't miss an episode if I can help it. New ones are just starting up this month because of the writers' strike that took so long to settle. Now there's an actors' strike looming! Was the 2nd season the one with "Denny" in it?

CherryPie said...

Mmm! I got stuck in my bra yesterday!!!

Anonymous said...

I bought a new bra a few weeks ago, I took the children with me as you do ;0) and got distracted by the boys putting bras on their heads and saying look 'mikey mouse' ears - I wish I had a photo :0) - I got the wrong size and it felt as though I'd cracked a rib :0/

jmb said...

No bra stories but as Leslie says, it's been a big drought in Season 3 because of the writers' strike.

Liz Hinds said...

Is that what you wear, mutley?!

suburbia, the place I go, the fitter omes in the cubicle and sticks her hand inside the cup to get the boob i the right place!

I agree, ellee, absolutely.

At least they do as they're told, mdm!

Yes, it was the one with Denny, leslie.

cherrypie, there can only be one question: how?!!

amanda! hello! I thought I'd upset you somehow!

jmb, grey's is so silly but addictive!