Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Younger Son and his friends went to the pub to watch the rugby and then stayed out drinking. By bed-time younger Son knew he'd had enough and got a taxi home. The others went back to someone's house to carry on drinking.

Yesterday Younger Son was told off by his friend's mum for not making his friend come home when he did!

It reminded me of a similar incident about 10 years ago. Daughter was out with her friend who was in a very bad way (so bad that Daughter wondered if her drink had been spiked). Daughter looked after her friend and got her home safely. The next day Daughter wasn't thanked by friend's father but accused of being responsible for friend's state. And accused of other things, and it's a good job I didn't come across him in the following few weeks or he would have been severely slapped.

Don't mess with my babies; I'm a tiger.

6 comments:

CherryPie said...

I think I would be really annoyed by that! Your kids did the right thing on both occasions. The others should take responsibility for their own actions... or maybe their parents are at fault ;-)

jmb said...

Ungrateful parents. They are just jealous because their children were not as good as yours. Well assuming that girl did not have her drink spiked.
A tiger, yes, but a wise one for you waited to run across him.
Way to go Wales!

Leslie: said...

Here in BC, we refer to ourselves as Mama Grizzlies looking out for her cubs. You don't want to mess with a Mama Grizzly Bear!

Still and all, your daughter did the right thing, no matter what her friend's father thought.

Gattina said...

Some (stupid) people think their children are all angels and the others are all devils ! Crazy ! I had that too with my son !

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Good for you. Liz! Poor younger son.

Joy Des Jardins said...

I hate when someone has the facts wrong and blame the wrong party. I would have wanted to correct it right away too Liz...especially if my child was blamed for something they didn't do. People need to get ALL the facts before they place the blame on anyone...sometimes the finger needs to be pointed right back at them.