Monday, March 31, 2008

Sunday afternoon stroll in the sunshine

On top of Mumbles Hill, high above the traffic and people that flood to the village on a sunny Sunday afternoon. I think of Mumbles as being made up of different parts. The bit immediately below us is Southend; the bit in the curve of the bay with the castle on the hillside is Oystermouth. A little further on and you get into Norton.To get ice-creams from Verdi's at Southend, we walked from the hill down Dickslade, this lane of prettified old fishermen's cottages.
Mumbles Lighthouse from the hill.




8 comments:

Ellee Seymour said...

I really like the old fishermen's cottages. I hope you had good weather for your trip to the seaside.

Suburbia said...

Yes it was a beautiful day here too! It was warm enought to sit in the garden with only a t-shirt.

Barbara said...

Beautiful views, I must visit the area one day.

CherryPie said...

I wish I could have done that walk today, I did get to have a nice drive though :-)

Unknown said...

What a lovely town! I want to see more of it. Do you have any idea why the hill is called “Mumbles”?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Lovely pics. Made me homesick again!

fools' cap said...

Sometimes I can't believe I left. What was I thinking?

Leslie: said...

We're going to go walking there when I come to visit, right? :D It looks so beautiful, I can hardly wait, but it looks like it'll be another year.