Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Progress?

We went down onto Swansea Bay for our walk today for a change - and George didn't eat a dead dogfish! I'm hoping he's remembered the dead starfish he ate at Pwll Du yesterday, and the womiting of his dinner that followed. It would be nice to think he'd learned a lesson but as his memory span is only slightly longer than that of a goldfish I'm not crossing anything. I get his lead, open the door and say, 'walkies,' and he sits and looks at me as if what I'm saying is a totally alien concept to him. 'Tell me again: what does "walkies" mean?'

And we found a mermaid's purse. There was one on Pwll Du yesterday too. There must be a lot of careless mermaids around. Or maybe they're all menopausal. 'Now where did I put my purse? It was here a minute ago.'
xx

6 comments:

James Higham said...

a mermaid's purse

Wow! Now, about this Mother's Day - isn't it on Sunday coming?

Liz Hinds said...

no, last Sunday!

Leslie: said...

I had to look up mermaid's purse on google. Stupid moi had never heard of that before.

BTW, baby has arrived so pop over for the announcement. I'm SO excited!

CherryPie said...

Now everyone know mermaids like to share their purse :-)

jmb said...

I don't know a mermaid's purse either. Like Leslie, thank heaven's for Mr Google.

Furtheron said...

Sharks - some lay eggs some live births. Some snakes are like that.

How did nature come up with all that? Amazing!