Friday, March 07, 2008

5th sentence on page 123

Spotted this meme on James's blog.

Sitting on my desk, waiting to be added to my to-read pile is a hardback copy of Suite Francaise that I picked up in a charity shop this week for £2.50. And the 5th sentence on page 123 is:

Cecile had a round red face and lively brown eyes; Madeleine was more delicate, a blonde with bright cheeks, smooth as satin and pink as apple blossom.

(Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky)

If anyone fancies doing the meme, please do!

4 comments:

jams o donnell said...

I think I'll give it a go Liz!

Leslie: said...

Oh! I just did this one - didn't I tag you??? I read Suite Francaise a while ago and loved it. What a wonderful book and to imagine that it's a true story! (well, sort of)

Anonymous said...

As soon as I own or can borrow a book, I'll jump right into the meme...

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I love that book.