Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Gears and knobs

Aren't car designers clever? Putting little diagrams on the gear stick knob to show you where the gears are.

Younger Son's car has a flat tyre. He's broke and can't afford to get it mended so he's driving Betty. That means I have to drive Alfie Porsche. I haven't driven Alfie for months and months and I would have had no idea where reverse was when I was trying to get him out of the garage if it hadn't been for the little picture. If I'd had my glasses on and it hadn't been dark in the garage it would have been even easier.

2 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Details, details, details. Of course, with automatic transmissions you have a little dash-board display ...

Leslie: said...

maybe you need a new prescription...a pair of glasses so you can find your glasses. lol