Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bad habits

I've been feeling very tired of late so this evening I decided I'd curl up and watch a film on DVD ... but I couldn't open the box! Cue my next story ...

When I worked in the bookshop Husband grumbled that I spent more money there than I earned. While our community cafe is running I do a day a week (voluntary) there. The cafe contains - at my instigation - a secondhand bookstall. Today I came home with four books.

On the top of the pile, staring back at me, is 'The 7 Bad Habits of Highly Ineffective People', with the tag, 'Harness the power of constructive inertia'. Now that's what I need to do. I expect. Although I'm not sure what constructive inertia is.

The problem with this book, like the 'I can make you thin' book that I bought a while ago, is that I won't actually get round to reading it, far less actioning it. Oh, I've just read the back of it! You see, that's another mistake I make: buying books when not wearing my glasses. On the back it says, 'By learning these simple bad habits you will be more mundane, average and less interesting than you've ever been.'

I've got to read it now!

4 comments:

Leslie: said...

You should see my latest post on my attempt at dieting! ;D And you don't need glasses to do it. diet, I mean...

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

hehe I know what you mean

btw - as I recall we only saw some ducks actually in the pond which was round the corner, but it was an awful long time ago!

mdmhvonpa said...

"On the back it says, 'By learning these simple bad habits you will be more mundane, average and less interesting than you've ever been.'"


You already broke Rule #1 ... you actually started to read it!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, yes, read it and tell us all about it! I know what you mean about DVD boxes.