Thursday, January 17, 2008

We went exploring!

We need a name so I can write about our (whisper) adventures, just like Enid Blyton did. The Dynamic Duo has already been taken so I considered the Daring Duo, but that would be something of a misnomer.

Maybe the Dopey Duo? Or the Tremendous Twosome? Or the Twp Twosome?


We followed this path. Yes, it was a path, George ... no, it wasn't a river ... it's just been a bit - damp of late.




In and out of the corkscrew trees.

And we discovered that, given the choice between coming when I call him and licking clean an empty sandwich packet, the latter will win. George wasn't going to stop until the packaging was germ-free let alone crumb-free, even if I did go and leave him and hide.

11 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

Okay, I've tried twoce but I can't get the photo to show properly. Can you see it?

Dragonstar said...

Perfect, beautiful photographs. They're absolutely lovely!

Leslie: said...

If you click on the picture at the top, it'll come up. What a gorgeous route you took - yes a bit squishy, shall we say, but beautiful nonetheless. Reminds me of here! Have you had to bath George? How does he react?

jmb said...

Certainly I can see them. Poor George, you'll have to get him some doggie wellies! The photos are great Liz, especially those scary trees.

Unknown said...

I love trekking through the the woods, exploring where I've never been. Thanks for allowing me to tag along with you.

James Higham said...

Let me support the other comments here - fabulous.

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you all.

We've only bathed George once, when we first had him. He wasn't overly keen!

Gledwood said...

How about The Famous Two?

That top photo is lovely and colorifick!!

Ellee Seymour said...

I love exploring too, pity you don't live closer so I could have joined you.

Dragonstar said...

I'm back again.

I've a pretty award for you over on Dragon Days.

DeeJay said...

hehehe nice lead in for me to re-tell the joke I heard on the Jonathan Ross show on Saturday - apparently an old one but I had never heard it before. Michael ball was saying to Jonathan that they should form an act together, call themselves the Symbolics.
Michael said he would be Sym and Jonathan could be himself.

Well I thought it was funny