Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Romans 8:1

I didn't go to Zac's last night as, thanks to my little breakdown, I was running behind schedule so stayed home to write about champagne cocktails. But I've meaning to write something about last week's meeting so I'll do that now before getting onto my muffins.

At the very end of the meeting, almost as a throwaway, Sean read Romans 8:1.
"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus ..."

If only he and she and you and I could really grasp what that means, the world would be a different place.

I was reminded of the verse again reading jmb's blog about music and its effect on her. On a Sunday morning we occasionally sing an old hymn, Before the throne of God above. The words were written in 1863 by Charitie L. Bancroft and it's the second verse that always gets me.

When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end of all my sin.
Because the sinless Saviour died
My sinful soul is counted free.
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me.




"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus ..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!
Thanks also for your comment and the links, which I am studying at present.
I always thought that nothing good ever came out of Swansea . . I was wrong!! Bless you, Liz!

Leslie: said...

Wonderful words - the melody is beautiful, Liz. I might send this to my pastor.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.