Friday, November 09, 2007

Happy un-birthday to me

It's not my birthday today. Some people may think it is but that's because Mutley misread 12th for 9th. An easy mistake to make.

Thank you anyway, Lord N. I shall carry forward your greetings to Monday!

Husband is taking me to London this afternoon. We're going to see Spamalot tonight and spending the weekend between seeing Elder Son and Daughter-in-law, and doing touristy things. Then we come back on Monday. So I shall be quiet for the next few days.

Quiet blog-wise, I mean. In real-life I will be doing a lot of excited squeaking. For a middle-aged woman, I get way too excited about my birthday!

Have a good weekend. I will!!!

Update
I have just found out that the Lord Mayor of London (not to be confused with Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London) is having a special parade and spectacular firework display tomorrow - just for my birthday! Isn't that wonderful of him?

Did I mention that I am excited?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a parcel in the post, Liz - hope you receive it ok, what with being away from home. Enjoy! It is lovely to go away together in the twilight of our years...Happy Birthday for MONDAY!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday for Monday!

Have a good weekend :0)

Furtheron said...

Happy un-birthday!

Spamalot - saw it in April. I honestly can say I laughed so much my sides hurt. Really they did. Excellent.

Elsie said...

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Birthday to you.

MissKris said...

Have a lovely birthday, Liz! Imagine...going to London for a birthday! Visiting London is only in my dreams at this stage in life. My birthday is always quiet...it's tucked right in between Christmas and New Year's. Oh, and I finally heard your voice! I wondered why I couldn't get it to come on...then realized I had to click the Active X dealy-bobber to let it work. I LOVE your accent...and now forever more I can imagine 'hearing' you as I read your blog. Enjoy your special weekend!!

MaryB said...

Happy, happy birthday, Liz! Real and "un." Enjoy London and Spamalot (saw it on Broadway - hilarious!). Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Enjoy your London excursion Liz....and Happy Birthday coming up on Monday. Hope you have a most wonderful weekend sweet friend...

Unknown said...

Sounds as if you’re having a neat un-birthday weekend! Have fun.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Have a great weekend! That's the least the Mayor could do! Happy Birthday for Monday from Sicily! x

jmb said...

Happy unbirthday Liz. I think that Mutley is a little confused lately, maybe senile?
You will have already left but I do hope you have a great weekend and return for another celebration on Monday, the true birthday.

Mauigirl said...

Happy birthday! Enjoy YOUR fireworks!

Puss-in-Boots said...

And why shouldn't the Lord Mayor have a parade for your birthday?

A very happy birthday for Monday, Liz...a Scorpio, eh? There's a few of them in my family.

James Higham said...

Happy Unbirthday again - just passing.

DeeJay said...

have a great weekend (you probably are as I write), don't get caught up in the Lord Mayor's bash and have a great birthday on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy whenever it is. Safe trip, enjoyable stay, and a grand parade in your honor...

jams o donnell said...

Happy birthday for tomorrow Liz

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed the beetroots? aand had a lovely weekend? How was the Lord Mayor? I saw him on TV - I looked out for you but couldn't see you - did you have a little hat on?

Gledwood said...

I hope you've had a really entertaining weekend Liz... fireworks just for you? Yeah!!