Thursday, October 11, 2007

Wow!

We saw a heron in the woods! It was a-maze-ing!!! It took off from the river and passed about 5 metres away from me. Wow! It was incredible.

I really wished I'd had my camera with me - although by the time I'd got it out, switched it on and aimed, the heron could have been in Timbuctoo. But we saw some lovely dew-dropped webs too. I must get into the habit of always carrying my camera.

Some time ago though, I took this photo of a signpost that has been put up in the middle of the woods.

xx

4 comments:

jams o donnell said...

I love the sign! It's a shame you didn't have your camera with you when you saw the heron. I try to keep a cheap compact digital with me when I am not going out with my big clunky SLR camera

Anonymous said...

I love the signpost, its very 'Alice in wonderland'!!!

WE live near a river and often see herons, it is a fantastic sight :0)

jmb said...

It's no wonder you were amazed. We have herons everywhere but I always take a photo if I have my camera with me. You can get relatively close but they always watch very carefully and have a specified distance that you cannot encroach. I have a photo of one heron looking at me from the left then another from the right. He was standing in theory looking away from me but his head just swivelled around with me as I walked past.

Very colourful sign, I love the sentiments.

Furtheron said...

But it's surely the right way as the sign says in the left way and the wrong way is the right way?

Confused again...

I had people giving me directions as I often respond "right".

"So you go up the second left and turn left at the very end"
"Right"
"No left"
"Yes - got that.... Right"

Hopeless