Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Do you know what day it is?

I just had one of those Damascus road moments.

While in Sainsburys I remembered I was on the rota to make a cake for the community cafe for Wednesday. 'That's okay,' I said to myself. 'I can think about what sort of cake to make and get the ingredients next time I'm out.' (Have you spotted the flaw in this plan yet?)

I arrived home and started unloading the shopping when I realised: it's Wednesday tomorrow. 'Oh, bungee jumping!'

I blame it on Sainsburys. Time stands still in there.

And do you know what? You can get your flu vaccination there too. 'I'm off to Sainsburys to get some potatoes and a flu jab; I could be gone some time.' Certainly if I react to an injection the way I react to needles - or more specifically blood - I could be there a very long time.
xx

2 comments:

jmb said...

Are you making a Halloween cake with orange icing? Just asking.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Definitely Siansbury's fault!