Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Not eating, not losing

We went to a party on Saturday night. I'd been asked to take some chocolate raisin slice. A guest commented on how nice they were and I offered her another. 'Oh, no,' she said. 'They're very moreish but I've had one already.'

You see that is why I have a tummy and she doesn't. When I say something is moreish, I eat another three. At least.

But I haven't been for the last two weeks. I have been religiously not eating all the goodies I normally munch on; I've even cut back on the meals. And do you know what?

I haven't lost so much as an ounce.

In fact the scales tried to tell me that I had put on 6 lbs. It's lying of course; it is evil. If it had said 1 lb or even 2, I might have believed it but 6? Really, it must think I'm totally stupid.

It's only 11 days to the wedding now. How exciting is that? I'm all ready. Except for my shoes. And icing the cake. And having my hair done. But that's fine; I am in control.

4 comments:

Shades said...

Didn't you give up food for Lent? A double motive, wedding & belief...

Liz Hinds said...

I did! That's what makes it so annoying. But as long as my soul is sanctified, what is a bulging belly?

jmb said...

That is so annoying, isn't it? The story of my last two months too. I lost a lot of weight (24 kilos) three years ago so when it started to creep back, I cut back. Nothing happened! Even went up a few more pounds.
Keep on anyway. Maybe it's just a slow start.
Regards
jmb

Clare said...

Muscle weighs more than fat...perhaps you're just really muscley from all that circuit training!
I spent the second term of my second year at uni dancing for 6 hours a week and rowing at least 3 times a week. I went down to a (fairly unhealthy) size 6. When I got home, I weighed myself - still 8.5-9 stone!! Muscle...its all about density!